Valentine’s Day Trivia
PART 1 – TRIVIA QUESTIONS
1. What is the most common shape associated with Valentine’s Day?
ANSWER – Heart
2. What does the word Valentine mean?
ANSWER – Sweetheart
3. How did sailors send messages to their loved ones while at sea in the old days?
ANSWER – Bottle
4. What fruit or vegetable is also known as the “love apple”?
ANSWER – Tomato
5. What is the difference between a Hershey Hug and a Hershey Kiss?…Hugs have…
ANSWER – Hugs have white chocolate swirls
6. Who “kissed the girls and made them cry”?
ANSWER – Georgie Porgie
7. What is the Greek word for Cupid, God of Love?
ANSWER – Eros
8. Who are Shakesphere’s “Star-crossed Lovers”?
ANSWER – Romeo & Juliet
9. What type of bird symbolizes Valentine’s Day?
ANSWER – Dove
10. According to English tradition – what happens “to the first man a woman sees on Valentine’s Day
ANSWER – Marry Him
11. What color is the symbol of warmth and feeling?
ANSWER – Red
12. What color is the symbol of purity and faith?
ANSWER – White
13. Where do you “wear your heart” if you are quick to show your feelings?
ANSWER – Your Sleeve
14. What do you need to kiss to turn it into a Prince?
ANSWER – Frog
15. Who was “Victorian Lace” named after?
ANSWER – Queen Victoria
PART 2 – NAME THE OTHER PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE NAME LISTED
Example: Mickey Mouse – Answer is Minnie Mouse
16. Princess Leia – ANSWER: Hans Solo
17. Rageddy Ann – ANSWER: Andy
18. Fred Astaire – ANSWER: Ginger
19. Dick Van Dyke – ANSWER – Mary Tyler Moore
20. Peter Pan – ANSWER: Wendy
TIE BREAKER – What year was the first recorded Valentine sent?
Closest answer without going past the year will be the winner
ANSWER – 1415
Compiled from: http://www.brownielocks.com/valentine.html
Compliments of: Mike Miller of Mixmaster DJ Services 724-465-2571
Filed Under: Performing
Leave a comment