Here’s a countdown of the Top 25 songs of 2015 compiled by myself, DJ Gregg Ambient. I’m a New Jersey-based open format mobile DJ who performs at weddings, teen dance parties and bar/club engagements.
Some quick thoughts on 2015. I thought that 2015 was a good year for music – not the best, not the worst, but certainly interesting. There were a few breakthrough artists. Two who come to mind are The Weeknd and Fetty Wap. I am particularly fond of the Weeknd – with his distinctive four quadrant hairstyle, falsetto voice and sexy, spaced out R&B soundscapes. Fetty Wap, a hip hop artist hailing from Paterson New Jersey achieved massive success in 2015 with his unique vocal delivery that mixed rapping and singing about scenes from the inner city.
EDM (Electronic Dance Music) and Hip Hop have both seen better days. EDM has become so mass-produced that you hear it at your local pharmacy like elevator music. Regarding hip hop, the music is too slow in my opinion and sounds more like drug music than party music. Some of the most interesting music of 2015 fused musical genres – for example, Ne-Yo collaborating with Pitbull pairing R&B and Latin-influenced dance music. Major Lazer, an American electronic act, created fascinating music in 2015 fusing international styles like reggae, EDM and moombahton.
With that introduction, prepare yourselves for the Top 25 songs of 2015, presented below in countdown fashion. Also, don’t forget to check out the free, downloadable New Year’s Eve party dance mix towards the bottom of this blog containing many of these top tracks. There is also a YouTube video companion video that provides the stories behind the music. Finally, you can listen to all of the songs in their entirety on a Spotify playlist.
DJ Gregg Ambient’s Top 25 Songs of 2015
(25) 50 Shades of Grey Combo Pack: Earned It- The Weeknd (R&B), and Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding (pop). For a free 50 Shades bonus mix, click here
(24) House Party – Sam Hunt (country)
(23) Honey, I’m Good – Andy Grammar (pop)
(22) Emergency – Icona Pop (dance)
(21) Hello – Adele (pop ballad)
(20) 50 Shades of Pop – DJ Earworm (mashup) (available from the DJ for free at https://soundcloud.com/united-state-of-pop-2015/mashup2015-12-1-15-2
(19) Ocean Drive – Duke Dumont (dance)
(18) Uma Thurman – Fall Out Boy (modern rock)
(17) See You Again – Wiz Khalifa f/ Charlie Puth (hip hop / pop)
(16) Tremor – Dmitri Vegas, Martin Garrix, Like Mike (EDM)
(15) Nocturnal – Disclosure f/ The Weeknd (electronic)
(14) Sugar – Maroon 5 (pop)
(13) How Deep is Your Love – Calvin Harris (dance)
(12) Time of Our Lives – Pitbull f/ Ne-Yo (dance)
(11) Justin Bieber Combo Pack: a) Sorry, b) What Do You Mean, c) Where Are U Now (pop/dance)
(10) Hotline Bling – Drake (R&B)
(9) I Need Your Love – Shaggy and Friends (reggae)
(8) Lean On – Major Lazer f/ DJ Snake and MO (pop/dance)
(7) Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran (pop ballad)
(6) Can’t Feel My Face – The Weeknd (R&B)
(5) Trap Queen – Fetty Wap (hip hop)
(4) Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) – Silento (urban line dance)
(3) Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix) – OMI (reggae/dance)
(2) Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson f/ Bruno Mars (pop/funk)
(1) Shut Up and Dance – Walk The Moon (pop/dance)
Check out this free, downloadable dance party mix from DJ Gregg Ambient containing many of the above tracks!
The video companion for the Top 25 countdown:
To listen to all of the songs in their entirety, enjoy a playlist on Spotify at:
Filed Under: Exclusive Online News and Content
Leave a comment