Alain Adams aka “DJ AQ” (short for “DJ Aqueous”) hails from Philadelphia but has selected a drink associated with Long Island. Yes, you guessed it – the infamous Long Island Iced Tea! Alain selected the Long Island Tea as his signature drink because it is the true definition of a mixed drink! DJ AQ’s mix concept features a wicked mix of genres, similar to how a long Long Island Iced Tea contains no less than five different types of alcohol (vodka, gin, rum, Triple Sec, and tequila). Expertly mixed, a Long Island Iced Tea tastes smooth and sweet and takes on the color of ordinary iced tea.
The DJ AQ approach to a cocktail hour falls in line with being a true Ambient DJ, finding the song selection that is just right for that particular setting. Alain reads the crowd and plays songs that each guest will enjoy. Read on to enjoy the wedding cocktail hour playlist from master mixologist DJ AQ – you might even catch a buzz!
DJ AQ’s Long Island Iced Tea Wedding Cocktail Hour Playlist
- Summer Wind – Frank Sinatra
- You are My Lucky Star – Sammy Davis, Jr.
- Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Moonlight Serenade – Glen Miller Orchestra
- Moondance – Van Morrison
- I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You) – James Taylor
- Butterflies – Michael Jackson
- He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat) – Jill Scott
- Maria Maria – Santana
- Lovely Day – Bill Withers
- Here Comes the Sun – Nina Simone
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- Empire State of Mind – Alicia Keys f/Jay-Z
Recap of This Week’s Playlists
Thus far this week, DJ Gregg Ambient has submitted an Alternative Rock Wedding Cocktail Hour that can be viewed here. Tomorrow on Day #3 of the series, Ambient DJs’ Head of Musical Programming, DJ Iron Mike, shares his “Good Vibes” cocktail hour!
Filed Under: Music, Weddings
Leave a comment