1. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. (Why change if no one is complaining?)
2. Ignoring the moment. Being so busy doing your job, you miss the whole purpose of the day.
3. Programming for the song, instead of the moment. A wedding isn’t a dance.
4. It’s them, stupid. The balance of your talent and their day.
5. Ego. I got this. How and why to train if you already know it all.
6. If it’s new, it must be bad. That would never work in my market, for my clients.
7. Believing the hype. A good review means what, exactly?
In this seminar, I’ll examine the attitudes that consistently hold back not only wedding DJs, but entrepreneurs of all types. Over the last 25 years, I’ve observed a steady stream of the same personality types come and go, but breaking these seven simple bad habits can free up the mobile wedding DJ to deliver a service beyond anything he ever knew was possible.
Randy Bartlett has been a full-time mobile DJ since 1989. Since then, he has performed at thousands of events, specializing in weddings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and corporate parties. He regularly commands a fee of 2-3 times that of his market, making him one of the highest paid wedding DJs in the country. His business has been self-sustaining with no advertising for several years. His seminars, packed with easy to follow and proven techniques for success on topics ranging from Being The Master Of Ceremonies to Training to Commanding A Top Fee and more, have been received by standing room only audiences for Mobile Beat Magazine and DJ Times’ DJ Expo, as well as local groups such as the ADJA, SAMMP, Golden Disc Awards, NACE, and regional conferences. He has written for and been featured in both Mobile Beat Magazine and DJ Times, as well as being a contributor to DJUniversity and several online resources, including Discjockeyamerca.com, Prodj.com, and DJChat.com.
This is yet another feature of the Mobile Beat Las Vegas DJ Show and Conference.
To get your pass to the show go to https://members.mobilebeat.com
Filed Under: Business, Events, Exclusive Online News and Content
Leave a comment