Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division today introduced the XDJ-AERO, the industry’s first1 Wi-Fi® DJ system that can wirelessly play music tracks from smart devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers2. The XDJ-AERO enables users to mix and arrange their favorite music tracks stored on their smart devices via Wi-Fi, as well as on USB memory devices and computers via included DJ software. As an added benefit and convenience, the XDJ-AERO can also create its own wireless access point when Wi-Fi isn’t available or not in range, further enabling quick and convenient connectivity with portable smart devices.
“Smartphones and tablets have become many consumers’ main devices for storing music and information and we wanted to take advantage of using them as sources for our new XDJ-AERO DJ system,” said David Arevalo, senior marketing manager, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “And with the XDJ-AERO’s unique wireless capability, setup is a breeze.”
Pioneer created a special mobile application for various smart devices that enables wireless connection and transmission of music to the XDJ-AERO via Wi-Fi. The XDJ-AERO can identify up to four devices as sources for music playback. The system can also access audio tracks on a computer (PC) through the use of the included Pioneer rekordbox® music management software.
For added convenience and expandability, the system is equipped with audio ports for connecting other sources such as Pioneer CDJ players, and can even be used as a standalone 2-channel mixer. For creative music playback and unique mixing capabilities, the system offers a new built-in jog control, audio effects and more.
Jog Drum – Launch, scratch and manipulate samples by simply turning or
tapping the jog platter.
Sample Launch – Includes four built-in sounds: Scratch, Horn, Siren and
Beat Effect – Four additional effects including Trans, Flanger, Echo and
Roll can be added to currently playing music.
Sound Color Filter – Each channel of the mixer includes Pioneer’s
popular Sound Color Filter which can be added to music at any time.
The XDJ-AERO also features two automatic mix functions, Beat Sync3 and Auto Mix. With Beat Sync, a press of the “Sync” button synchronizes the music loaded in each player on beat with matching beats per minute (BPM). In the Auto Mix mode, playlists created on a smart device using the special mobile application, computer or USB memory device are linked together with cross-fade4 or fade-in/fade-out effects. For added convenience, the system also lets users record their mixes directly onto a USB storage device in WAV format.
The XDJ-AERO combines two digital players and a mixer into a single slim and stylish unit, taking similar design cues from Pioneer’s highly popular professional CDJ digital players and DJM mixers. The unit also features a smoke-colored acrylic panel, blue and white LED illumination and low-profile jog platter and control buttons.
The XDJ-AERO will be available in August with a suggested retail price of $1,399.
- 69PIONEER WI-FI EQUIPPED XDJ-AERO DJ CONTROLLER GETS A MAKEOVER – NOW AVAILABLE IN EYE-CATCHING PEARL WHITE VERSION Pioneer DJ today announced a new pearl white version of its popular XDJ-AERO, a Wi-Fi® enabled DJ controller that let users conveniently send music from their smart devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers1 to the controller…
- 51Although I don’t actively DJ as much as I used to, and usually leave the writing of reviews to my staff, this product—the new Pioneer XDJ-AERO—just hit me and I wanted to take a tear at it personally. Being an iPhone/iPad/iMac kinda guy for the last four years, the Pioneer XDJ-AERO’s interconnectivity with the outside…
- 49XDJ-R1 is the Industry’s First Wireless DJ System with iOS Device Control Capability DJs take note! Professional Sound and Visual Division today unveiled the XDJ-R1, the industry’s first1 all-in-one DJ system to feature wireless control functionality through an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch via Pioneer’s specially designed “remotebox” app2. The versatile system features Wireless Direct,…
- 45THE MUSIC MIX CONTINUES WITH PIONEER’S LATEST PREMIUM DJ MIXER Pioneer DJM-2000nexus Adds Exciting New Features LONG BEACH, Calif. (November 15, 2012) – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc., Professional Sound and Visual Division, is making the top DJ mixer in its line even better with the announcement of the new DJM-2000nexus performance mixer. The perfect complement…
- 45LONG BEACH, Calif. (January 20, 2015) – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division today introduced the XDJ-RX, an all-in-one DJ console that incorporates two separate digital players, a mixer, and a built-in monitor. The uniquely designed DJ system is intended for users of the popular Pioneer rekordbox® music management software, which enables…
Filed Under: Digital DJ, Exclusive Online News and Content, Sound
Leave a comment