LONG BEACH, Calif. – (July 11, 2013) – The Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division (Pioneer DJ) today introduced new professional audio speakers, the GS-WAVE and XY series, designed for commercial, nightclub, restaurant, bar and lounge applications. The stackable GS-WAVE series speaker system utilizes a subwoofer enclosure with dual 18-inch subwoofers, dual 15-inch back-loaded bass enclosure, twin acoustic lens and horn-loaded compression drivers, and an omni-directional super tweeter pod to deliver massive and extremely powerful sound with exceptional detail into large or extra-large club-type room environments. As a separate or complementary offering to the GS-WAVE system, Pioneer offers the XY series designed for smaller venues such as lounges and bars, composed of an 18-inch subwoofer, quasi-bandpass enclosure with two 15-inch subwoofers, and two full-range speakers with a choice of 12-inch woofer and 1.4-inch compression driver or 8-inch woofer with 1-inch compression driver.
“Behind the DJ booth, Pioneer is well known for its highly advanced electronic products and our goal with these new professional speakers is to provide a fully immersive Pioneer club-going experience,” said Maury Dent, director of product planning, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “We’re working with well-known companies such as Gary Stewart Audio and Powersoft with the goal of providing the absolute best sound quality output that can be delivered in large venues such as nightclubs and bars.”
With the assistance of Gary Stewart Audio™, known for designing nightclub speakers for more than 45 years, Pioneer developed the GS-WAVE as a “stacked” dance floor speaker system utilizing three sets of component speakers and a hanging tweeter pod. The GS-WAVE series delivers deep, warm sound with high-impact and crystal clear high frequencies established using a stackable system, which is preferred by most nightclub audio technicians.
Hyperbolic Horn Subwoofer: The WAV-SUB hyperbolic subwoofer enclosure uses two 18-inch LF drivers to produce extreme low sub frequencies. The specially designed 18-mm birch plywood cabinet is complemented with the WAV-HORN, a wave guide to help dispersion and significantly increase sound pressure levels (SPL) without the need to increase applied power to the drivers. The large horn extensions increase the bass output level by as much as 5 dB at 50 Hz.
Mid-bass Cabinet: To produce low to mid frequencies, the WAV-LOW enclosure uses two highly efficient 15-inch drivers. Both subwoofers are installed using a specially designed enclosure that is back-loaded to further increase SPL and work with the WAV-SUB enclosure.
Acoustic Lens: For highly efficient output of mid to high frequencies, Pioneer’s WAV-LENS uses an exclusive horn design attaching two coaxial compression drivers to a uniquely-shaped acoustic lens. The design diffuses the high frequency sound waves horizontally and vertically to enable listeners to hear crystal clear sound without causing listening fatigue.
Super Tweeter Pod: Pioneer uses four super tweeter bullets installed in a small square enclosure for reproducing ultra-high frequencies above 5 kHz. Designed to be hung from a ceiling, the WAV-TWPOD produces 360 degrees of high frequency output to give the effect of a larger space than the actual room size.
Pioneer’s XY Series is designed for use as PA/monitor speakers. The compact speakers are ideal for near-field monitoring to deliver high quality audio both to a room full of listeners and to the DJ performer. The system is composed of four components that include:
Bass Reflex Subwoofer: The XY-118S is a high-power subwoofer enclosure utilizing a single ceramic 18-inch subwoofer capable of reproducing bass frequencies as low as 35 Hz without any distortion.
Quasi Bandpass Subwoofer: A uniquely designed bandpass enclosure, the XY-215S uses two 15-inch LF drivers to deliver tight and punchy bass. Made of premium birch plywood, the speaker enclosure generates low frequencies as low as 42 Hz and can be stacked, hung or pole mounted.
Full Range Loudspeakers: Pioneer’s XY series offers two full range speaker models to produce mid to high frequencies efficiently. Utilizing either a 12-inch woofer and 1.4-inch compression driver in the XY-122 or 8-inch woofer with 1-inch compression driver in the XY-81, the 2-way loudspeakers provide high output levels with an extremely wide dispersion pattern of 90 X 60 degrees. Both models include built-in passive crossover networks to provide a natural transition between the woofers and the tweeters.
Powersoft™ K-series Amplifiers
To power both speaker systems, Pioneer recommends the use of Powersoft’s K6DSP, K3DSP and the K2DSP K-series amplifiers for their sound quality, high output performance and power efficiency. All three models are preset with data specifically for the Pioneer loudspeaker models and can produce excessive power of up to 3600 Watts X 2. Each amplifier also includes DSP options, 40-bit processors with 96kHz sampling, fully protected circuitry and load impedance measurements.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ Equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJ products are industry standards at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, and known for their high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
For more information follow us on:
Twitter at twitter.com/PioneerDJ
Facebook at facebook.com/PioneerDJusa
YouTube at youtube.com/pioneerdjglobal
- 83Pioneer DJ has introduced new professional audio speakers, the GS-WAVE and XY Series, designed for commercial, nightclub, restaurant, bar and lounge applications. The stackable GS-WAVE series speaker system utilizes a subwoofer enclosure with dual 18-inch subwoofers, dual 15-inch back-loaded bass enclosure, twin acoustic lens and horn-loaded compression drivers, and an omni-directional super tweeter pod (four…
- 47Mackie has revealed an extension to its popular SRM powered loudspeaker line, by introducing three 1600W models featuring professional-grade all-wood designs and a host of powerful, but simple tools perfect for modern applications. There are two high-output full-range models: the 12″ SRM550 and 15″ SRM650, plus the hard-hitting SRM1850 18″ powered subwoofer. The huge system…
- 44LONG BEACH, Calif. (August 8, 2013) – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.’s Professional Sound and Visual Division today introduced a new line of active DJ speakers designed for great audio feedback while practicing DJing skills. The DJ speakers are offered in four models, S-DJ80X, S-DJ60X, S-DJ50X and S-DJ50X-W (white) and feature excellent sound quality, improved bass…
- 42Now DJs, clubs and entertainers can play music from virtually any mobile-friendly device they choose—from Bluetooth- enabled mobile phones and tablets, to MP3 players and SD cards. American Audio has introduced the ELS15 BT, a lightweight, multi-functional 15-inch active speaker that features both Bluetooth and a built-in MP3 player. The ELS15 BT, lets you play…
- 41The powerful new CPX Series of active speakers was designed to take on the rigors of the road and sound great every time you plug them in. “Our product testers have nicknamed the CPX speakers as ‘The Road Warrior’ series.” says, Tom Freret, national sales manager for American Audio. “Up until now many manufactures have…
Filed Under: Exclusive Online News and Content, Sound
Leave a comment