Let me make a little prediction, mobile DJs: by the time Mobile Beat opens its doors in Las Vegas this March, Snapchat will be the biggest thing in social media.
In other words, jump on this now. Start learning it right now. Today!
Snapchat is an amazing social media platform that allows you to connect with your followers and share the story of your day. Your followers can view these moments an unlimited amount of times for 24 hours – so imagine how many views a really interesting piece of content will get. And since it’s the trendiest thing in social media at the moment, followers are watching EVERYTHING you post. For everyone I follow, I’m watching every. single. snap. they put out.
Think about it: email marketing doesn’t get that high of an open rate. Facebook Fan Page impressions are down. But people are consuming content like crazy on Snapchat.
I’ve written before on going where the attention is, and let me tell you, there is a TON of attention on Snapchat right now. Major brands are already snapping away, and you – yes, I’m looking at you wedding solopreneur – are a brand. Start building it organically on Snapchat before its too late.
Here’s one way a wedding DJ can benefit from Snapchat: at bridal shows. Post your Snapcode around your booth and encourage people to pull out their phones and scan your Snapcode in Snapchat. Now, start posting interesting content to the “My Story” feature. With those insane open rates right now, it’s a great way to show these brides-to-be what your all about – in a medium that has their ATTENTION right now.
My Getting Started Snapchat Advice:
- Watch a YouTube video or two on how to Snapchat. Take twenty minutes and learn how the platform works, because it’s tricky at first.
- Plan a strategy of how you want to share each day’s story.
- Keep your snaps balanced. DON’T SELL ON EVERY SNAP. Show us your real life. Show us your real events. Show us behind-the-scenes stuff. Be authentic.
- Aim for at least three videos and three photos a day. Build your way towards delivering at least five and five each day.
- As with any social media platform, stay native to the app. Cross-promote your Snapchat handle on Facebook, and vice-versa!
And of course, I’d love to see your story on Snapchat. Follow me (@djtonyschwartz) and I’ll follow you back. Thank you for reading!
– – –
This post was originally published on TonySchwartzBlog.com on January 7, 2016.
Filed Under: Business, Sales & Marketing
Leave a comment