CHAMPAIGN-URBANA, Illinois—October 11, 2012—Fidelity Media, developers of MegaSeg Pro DJ and radio automation software for Mac, today delivered version 5.8.5 with over 60 improvements. The update, available for immediate download at MegaSeg.com, focuses on many areas of the application including automatic volume control, category editing, event automation, importing, library tools, list views, metadata, MIDI control, output devices, playlist browsing, segue crossfades, visual wave mixing, ambient video, hot key sound effects, logging, and music scheduling.
The DJ edition update was submitted to the Mac App Store two weeks ago and expected to be approved soon. “We try to synchronize our direct website and App Store releases, but couldn’t wait to get this update into the hands of our direct customers”, said Jason Cox, President of Fidelity Media. Both MegaSeg Pro and DJ editions are available today at MegaSeg.com
MegaSeg 5.8.5 Highlights
- Automatic Volume Control is stronger for softer tracks.
- Edit category’s Rename button toggles to Merge with multiples selected.
- Edit dialog’s preview time displays are more accurate.
- Fixed a MIDI issue with Denon pitch sliders.
- Segues are optimized for faster response.
- Faders use better logarithmic attenuation.
- Better UI indications and keyboard selection while opening playlists.
- Playlist Browser now displays “in-playlist” marks.
- The multitouch Wave Viewer renders better with a smoother response.
- Insert URL stream events are more reliable and buffer faster.
- Events properly fire when the menus are activated.
- Insert Break tracks send proper metadata to Nicecast for Live365.
- FTP metadata upload option remains stable if the network goes down.
- Many other improvements throughout.
About MegaSeg Pro and DJ Editions
MegaSeg Pro provides many advanced features for professional DJs and VJs, radio and TV stations, and hospitality businesses such as restaurants, hotels, and retail. It features video playback for ambient visuals, hot keys for instant sound effects, automated music scheduling, advertisement messaging events, rules for automatic artist separation, request lists, and much more. The DJ edition focuses on unique live mixing features for visual beat syncing via multi-touch trackpads, multiple outputs for headphone preview, MIDI control, automatic volume, advanced categorization, track logging, and integrated iTunes playlists.
Pricing and Availability
MegaSeg DJ and Pro editions are available from MegaSeg.com for $99 and $199 USD respectively, and compatible with any Mac running OS X 10.4 or higher. The DJ edition is also available on the Mac App Storeand can be upgraded to MegaSeg Pro for $99. All older versions can be upgraded for $69.
About Fidelity Media
Located in Champaign-Urbana Illinois, Fidelity Media was founded in 1998 with a vision to simplify music mixing and library management for performance and recreational industries. Its flagship product, MegaSeg, spearheaded the digital music revolution, based on 14 years of research and development which cultivated a stable and user friendly interface that has become the premiere Mac-based DJ and broadcast automation system used in over 100 countries worldwide.
Filed Under: Digital DJ, Exclusive Online News and Content, Sound
Leave a comment