LOS ANGELES – (For Immediate Release) – Just because something’s “small” doesn’t mean it’s “less.” In the case of American DJ’s new compact Mega QA Par38, smaller actually means “more” – because this trim 3-lb. RGBA LED uplighting fixture will fit into the tightest, most cramped spaces, yet it’s got all the latest cutting-edge professional features that today’s clubs and entertainers demand
For starters, the Mega QA Par38 comes equipped with American DJ’s exclusive Quad-Color LED color-mixing technology. It’s powered by 3 high-output 5-watt LED sources, each comprised of 4 different color LEDs (red, green, blue and amber) combined into one lamp. Not only do these high-power lamps make this little dynamo amazingly bright for its size, the 4-in-1 LED technology also allows for much smoother, richer color-blending than is possible with single-color LEDs. The inclusion of amber LEDs is an added bonus, allowing you to create the hard-to-achieve, dramatic orange and flame-toned shades.
The Mega QA Par38’s low-profile, “sit-flat” design is another American DJ exclusive. Because its power and DMX connectors are intelligently positioned on the side, rather than the rear, the Mega QA Par38 can be placed directly onto the ground or inserted inside truss without a bracket. This makes it ideal for uplighting and truss toning, as well as wall washing, stage lighting, and mobile use by DJs, bands and entertainers on the go.
“Don’t let its small size fool you – the Mega QA Par38 has all the pro features found on our most advanced, and very popular, full-size LED pars,” said Alfred Gonzales, national sales manager for American DJ. “This includes Quad-Color LED technology and our revolutionary sit-flat case design, plus a wide range of control options and special effects that give you the tools to create an exciting professional-looking lighting display. Yet it’s just 8 inches long (202mm) and it weighs 3 lbs. (1.1 kg), so it’s ideal for tight spaces, smaller applications and mobile uplighting use by DJs and traveling entertainers.”
In fact, some would say that the Mega QA Par38’s list of features is longer than the unit itself! In addition to custom RGBA color blending, the fixture includes 16 built-in color macros, fast or slow color change operation, LED pulse and strobe effect, 0-100% electronic dimming and a 25° beam angle.
Perfect for lighting users of all levels of experience, the Mega QA Par38 can be either operated manually or programmed with a DMX controller for a more customized light show. There are a total of 5 different operational modes to choose from: Auto Mode; Sound Active Mode (runs to built-in programs); Stand-Alone Mode; Master-Slave Mode; and DMX-512 Mode. To provide even greater flexibility, 8 different DMX modes are available: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8-channel. A 4-button LED display makes it easy for users to scroll through DMX settings. Up to 30 Mega QA Par38s can be linked together Master-Slave via 3-pin XLR cable, using the unit’s included IEC inputs/outputs to daisy chain power.
To add go-anywhere operation to its fit-anywhere size, the Mega QA Par38 is also compatible with the ADJ LED RC2 wireless remote control (sold separately). The easy-to-use remote can operate the fixture’s basic functions from up to 30ft./10M wirelessly.
Not only is the Mega QA Par38 loaded with advanced features, it’s also more energy-efficient, cool-running and maintenance-free than conventional stage pars. Its long-life LEDs are rated at 50,000 hours and it draws just 20 watts of electricity at maximum use.
Multi-voltage operation (AC 100V-240V, 50/60Hz) and a dual-hanging bracket are included.
The Mega QA Par38 measures 8”L x 7.75”W x 3.75”H/ 202 x 195 x 92mm and weighs 3 lbs./1.1 kg. As “mini” in price as it is in size, its MSRP is just $179.95.
The Mega QA Par38 can fit into Arriba Cases models AC-115 and AC-177, which offer a lightweight, affordable solution for transporting the unit and protecting it from dust and dirt when not in use.
Click here to see the Mega Par QA38 in action
- 68New May 5, 2014 Update Offers Easier Programming Features To Easy-to-use DMX Software ADJ has revealed that their popular myDMX 2.0, DMX control software, has four new updates to it’s May 5, 2014 release. myDMX 2.0 is an industry leading, affordable solution for Lighting Designers and DJs to control small to mid-size lighting set-ups. The…
- 62Quad-Color Quadruplets: American DJ Introduces 4 Low-Profile Professional LED Pars Featuring Quad-Color Technology With Choice Of RGB +W or RGB+ A LOS ANGELES – (For Immediate Release) –Mobile entertainers, bands and nightclubs can get their acts “glowing like the pros” with a new series of professional color-mixing Quad LED par cans from American DJ. The…
- 55Power Profile - American DJ Adds Mega TRI64 Profile To Lineup Of “Sit-Flat” Tri-Color RGB Uplights LOS ANGELES – (For Immediate Release) – The new Mega TRI64 Profile from American DJ is a full-size Par 64 fixture that offers all of today’s most-desired features, including advanced RGB color-mixing, energy-efficiency and a compact low-profile design. Equipped with…
- 54American DJ Introduces New Products at NAMM American DJ Booth #5774 LOS ANGELES – (For Immediate Release) – The LED revolution continues to gain steam at American DJ. The company will be introducing a variety of exciting new LED products at Winter 2012 NAMM – from all-in-one LED lighting systems, to innovative, easy-to-use effects that…
- 52A FULL… FULL… FULL…FULL MOON! New Hyper Gem LED Looks Like 4 Moonflowers In 1 It’s been called a “moonflower on steroids.” And with 256 red, green, blue and white LEDs shooting out beams through 4 lenses, American DJ’s new Hyper Gem LED is definitely a “performance-enhanced” special effect. A 4-way DMX-controllable portable moonflower, the Hyper Gem…
Leave a comment