Line 6 Ships StageScape™ M20d, the World’s First Smart Mixing System for Live Sound
— Now shipping, StageScape M20d is an integrated live sound solution that delivers touchscreen-based visual mixing, comprehensive audio processing, multi-channel recording and remote control via iPad® to shatter the traditional mixer paradigm —
CALABASAS, Calif.—July 31, 2012—Line 6, Inc. is proud to announce the availability of StageScape™ M20d, the world’s first smart mixing system for live sound.
Featuring a groundbreaking touchscreen visual mixing environment, StageScape M20d streamlines and accelerates the process of getting great live sound. Massive DSP power delivers comprehensive professional audio processing on every channel including multi-band feedback suppression. Multi-channel recording, remote control capabilities via one or more iPad® devices and pristine audio quality make the StageScape M20d an ideal mixing solution for a wide variety of live sound applications.
“For musicians who take care of their own live sound, getting great results consistently can be a time-consuming and frustrating experience—particularly when they want to be focused on performing,” said Simon Jones, vice president of new market development at Line 6. “StageScape M20d answers those challenges by reinventing mixer workflow to better empower musicians to dial in a great mix with speed and ease. With a smart design to dramatically reduce setup time, intuitive touchscreen control that simplifies complex mixing tasks, and premium mic pres and effects to ensure the best sound quality, StageScape M20d will deliver great sound in a range of situations.”
An innovative visual mixing system replaces the traditional mixer channel strip with intuitive touchscreen control. In Perform Mode, a graphic display of the stage setup uses icons to represent each performer or input. Color-coded encoders provide immediate access to level control. A single touch on a performer’s icon gives access to all parameters relating to that channel, from basic tweaks to deep effects editing.
The audio signal chain can be controlled via an innovative X-Y tweak pad. Drag a finger toward common sound descriptors like “bright” or “dark” and multiple parameters adjust simultaneously to achieve that sound. Deep Edit mode gives more experienced operators access to every effect parameter via a familiar plug-in style interface.
StageScape M20d streamlines setup with auto-sensing mic and line inputs and outputs that can detect when a connection is made and automatically configure the channel gain, EQ, effects and routing.
A host of recording options are also available. StageScape M20d provides multi-channel recording in high-resolution, 24-bit WAV files to SD card, USB drive or direct to computer, enabling musicians to easily capture every rehearsal and performance.
Taking full advantage of Line 6 audio processing expertise, StageScape M20d features professional-grade effects on every channel, including fully parametric EQs, multi-band compressors, feedback suppression and more. In addition, four master stereo effects engines are available, comprising studio-quality reverbs, delays and a vocal doubler. Musicians can configure channel effects quickly with a wide range of channel presets that cover everything from individual drum settings to lead vocals.
Musicians can control the mixer from any location by using one or more iPad® devices with StageScape M20d. This makes it possible to set individual monitor mixes from the stage, or adjust the front-of-house mix from any location inside the venue.
Equipped with the L6 LINK™ digital networking protocol, StageScape M20d allows musicians to easily configure and control complete PA systems of any scale. Connect StageScape M20d to L6 LINK-enabled StageSource speakers and the system automatically configures stereo signals and effects, sets individual component levels and adjusts individual speaker performance.
When connected via L6 LINK, StageScape M20d and StageSource speakers are capable of unparalleled power and flexibility. Together they redefine the typical mixer-speaker paradigm to introduce a smarter live sound experience in which the live rig is a complete, intelligent ecosystem rather than a linear combination of components.
Intelligence is built into every aspect of StageScape M20d. From auto-sensing inputs that configure channel DSP processing strips, to professionally crafted audio processing presets, to innovative touchscreen-based multi-parameter effects control, StageScape M20d provides the fastest path to great live sound. StageScape is ideal for a wide range of live sound applications from performing musicians and bands, to fixed installation in clubs, houses of worship or corporate event venues.
• 12 high-performance, digitally controlled, auto-sensing mic/line inputs
• 4 additional auto-sensing line inputs
• 2 digital streaming inputs direct from computer, USB drive or SD card
• Stereo line inputs for integrating MP3 players or other sound sources
• 4 auto-sensing monitor outputs on balanced XLR connectors
• 2 auto-sensing main outputs on balanced XLR connectors
• L6 LINK multi-channel digital networking for integrating L6 LINK-enabled speaker systems
• 7-inch, full-color touchscreen visual mixing environment
• Remote control capability via one or more iPad® devices via an optional USB WiFi adapter
• Multi-channel recording to computer, USB drive or SD card
• Quick-capture recording to internal memory for sound check
• Internal 32-bit floating point audio processing
• Massive DSP power provides parametric EQs, dynamic EQs, compressors, multi-band compressors, gates, delays, limiters and more
• Multi-band feedback suppression on every mic input
• 4 stereo master effects engines including reverbs, delays and vocal doubler
• Virtually unlimited I/O setups, scenes and channel processing presets
Learn more at http://line6.com/stagescape.
- 40Throughout the 35+ years that I have been in the event industry, I have always tried to keep an eye out for new products as they are introduced. I also tend to look at equipment with a very technical eye because of my technical electronics background. This year I discovered a gem in Atlantic City. …
- 33BUENA PARK, Calif.—Yamaha’s MG Mixer line is known for durability, reliability and value. Now, live performance venues like clubs, schools, theaters and churches have a new choice, the premium MGP16X and MGP12X mixers, which will be introduced at Winter NAMM 2012. High-end features include D-PRE discrete Class A microphone preamps for superior phase response and…
- 31Cumberland, R.I. (Dec. 29, 2008) - Alesis, the world's leading manufacturer of professional audio equipment and studio electronics, announces that the MasterControl audio interface and control surface is now shipping. MasterControl will be on display at the 2009 NAMM Show in Anaheim, Calif., January 15 - 18, 2009 at the Alesis booth, number 6400. …
- 30Mackie has revealed an extension to its popular SRM powered loudspeaker line, by introducing three 1600W models featuring professional-grade all-wood designs and a host of powerful, but simple tools perfect for modern applications. There are two high-output full-range models: the 12" SRM550 and 15" SRM650, plus the hard-hitting SRM1850 18" powered subwoofer. The huge system…
- 30Building on a 25 year tradition of delivering the very best in DJ mixers, Rane is proud to introduce the MP25. The MP25 satisfies the audio and ergonomic demands of performing DJs, in a 19” rack format preferred by nightclubs, with a compact 4U design that drops easily into a mobile rig. Sporting two microphone…
Leave a comment