1. What do Jews get married under? Chupa
2. What is the English translation of Bar Mitzvah? Son of the commandment.
3. What is the most sacred day on the Jewish calendar? Shabbat
4. When is a Bris done? Eight days after birth.
5. What is a Ketubah? Marriage Contract
6. Which one of the following animals is kosher? Rat, grasshopper, rabbit, mouse? Grasshopper
7. How do you say hebrew in hebrew? Ivrit
8. What is the name of the Israeli ambulance service? Magen David Edom
9. What is the hebrew title for a Torah scribe? Sofer
10. What is the hebrew title for a cantor? Chazan
11. What is the Kotel? The Western Wall
12. What is the hebrew name for Israel Independence Day? Yom Ha-atzma-ut
13. What does pareve mean? Not meat or dairy.
14. The patriarchs of the Jewish people are Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Who are the matriarchs? Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, and Leah
15. What is hidden during the passover seder? The afikomen
16. What are Tekiah, Shevarim, and Teruah? Shofar notes
17. Who spent 3 days in the belly of a whale? Jonah
18. Who was the first prime minister of Israel? David Ben Gurion
19. What Jewish holiday do you dress in costume for? Purim
20. What is the standard pastry for that holiday? Hamantaschen
21. What is the name of the Israeli national anthem? Hatikva
Filed Under: Performing
Leave a comment