How to KILL IT with Facebook Advertising

October 17, 2016 by DJ Alpha

If you’re like me, you understand that the advertising power of Facebook is immense, but setting up even a basic ad quickly becomes confusing and daunting. I feel your pain my friend, Facebook is an advertising goliath that flips us between marketer and target market in a heartbeat. Over the upcoming series, I will walk you through how I earned $16,000 on three $250 ad sets. Don’t know what an ad set is? Perfect, this article is for you. The first things you need to know are that as a DJ in North America that plays any of the following: weddings, school dances, sweet 16s or corporate events, Facebook will take your message and put it directly in front of decision makers and influencers Social Media Marketing placard with night lights on backgroundquicker than Google, Twitter, Wedding Wire, The Knot and anything print related. It is the single most powerful advertising tool available to DJs. And once you’ve booked them, that’s just the beginning – with their email address, you’ll have the most powerful upsell tool available. The best part? Your competition will have no idea what you’re doing, or how you’re doing it.

Here are the steps to create your first simple ad:

Click “Create Ad”

Choose “Single Image”

Browse your Image Library (use your best pic, remember that the picture has to be at least 70%, the remaining 30% can be text)

Click “Connect Facebook Page”, choose your business page

Choose your “Website URL”, direct them to the page you want them to see on your website (copy and paste the link)

Create your headline (ex “Now booking 2016 weddings”)

Enter your text (ex “Terrified of booking a lame DJ for your wedding? Check us out; let’s start by seeing if we have your date available”)

Click “Audience”

Set your location to your city

Choose relationship stats “Engaged”

Age “20-40”

Check the preview on the right, and then choose your dates to run.  I typically run an ad for two weeks, then revaluate it. BAM! You’re done. This costs $260 in my market, and typically books me about five weddings.

Later in this series we will be going much further in depth to take full advantage of Facebook ads, but for now let’s get your ad running and making you money.


DJ Alpha DJ Alpha (2 Posts)

DJ Alpha began mixing records back in the year 2000, taking any event thrown his way for free until he could work up his courage to ask to be paid, which earned him $50 for his first party later that year. Fast forward to now; sharing stages with Nelly, Flo Rida, Lil’ Jon and so many more, the journey has been an unforgettable dream come true. After attending his first Mobile Beat show for the first time in Las Vegas in 2011, he connected with others who were working the same dream as him, and showed him this could be a career with the right decisions. In-between he’s also experienced opportunities that we never dreamt possible; winning awards, being flown to Las Vegas, California, Virginia and more to DJ, playing live on our favourite radio stations in London, working with amazing charities, club grand openings, epic weddings, meeting unforgettable people and making a living off the thing we’re most passionate about. In 2016 he was voted the 3rd Best DJ in Canada, with his team of 21 DJs also being voted the 3rd best in Canada.

Filed Under: Business