1. In frosty the snowman, who brought frosty back to life? – FROSTY THE SNOWMAN
2. Who lost $8,000.00 in “It’s A Wonderful Life” movie? – UNCLE BILLY
3. In “How The Grinch Stole Christmas” what was the biological shortcoming that made the Grinch so mean? – HIS HEART WAS TWO SIZES TOO SMALL
4. Who tells you she’s in town by tap, tap, tappin, on your windowpane? – SUZY SNOWFLAKE
5. What is the biggest selling Christmas single of all time? – WHITE CHRISTMAS
6. What was Scrooges first name? – EBENEZER
7. Where was I when I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus? – ON THE STAIRS
8. What was the name of Rudolph’s dogsled driving friend? -YUKON CORNELIUS
9. Who said “God Bless Us Everyone”? – TINY TIM
10. What carol contains the line “O tidings of comfort & joy”? – GOD REST YE MERRY GENTLEMEN
11. On the “Night Before Christmas” I sprang from my bed to see what? – WHAT WAS THE MATTER
12. Name the 3 reindeer whose names begin with the letter D? – DASHER DONDER AND DANCER
13. In the song “Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer” what did grandma go to get? – HER MEDICATION
14. What was the gift my true love sent on the sixth day of Christmas? – SIX GEESE OF LAYING
15. In what city did the “Miracle on 34th Street” take place? – NEW YORK
16. In “It’s A Wonderful Life” how did Clarence cleverly save Georges life?HE JUMPED INTO THE RIVER FIRST
17. Who kept time in the song “Little Drummer Boy”? – THE OX AND THE LAMB
18. In “The Night Before Christmas” where were the stockings hung? – BY THE CHIMNEY
19. What is the name of the little girl in most versions of “The Nutcracker”? – CLARA
20. What is the last ghost called in “A Christmas Carol”? – THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS YET TO COME
21. What color is the grinch? – GREEN
22. How many pipers piping did my true love give to me? – ELEVEN
23. In the movie “The Santa sClaus” who starred as the substitute Santa Claus? – TIM ALLEN
24. What was Rudolph’s punishment for his red nose? – COULD NOT PLAY IN REINDEER GAMES
25. In “A Charlie Brown Christmas” who played the dusty innkeeper in the Christmas play? – PIGDEN
26. What did the traffic cop holler to Frosty? – STOP
27. What holiday drink contains sugar, milk and eggs? – EGGNOG
28. What popular bite sized chocolate candy comes wrapped in red & green foil at Christmas time? – HERSHEY’S KISSES
29. What Saturday Evening Post artist was known for his whimsical pictures of Santa? – NORMAN ROCKWELL
30. What one reindeer was never mentioned in “The Night Before Christmas”? – RUDOLPH
31. St Nicks beard is like what feature in winter? – SNOW
32. Name the two reindeer whose name begins with “C” – COMET & CUPID
33. In the movie “It’s A Wonderful Life” what did Clarence receive for accomplishing his mission? Wings or a halo? – HIS WINGS
34. What Christmas carol contains the words “Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la? – DECK THE HALLS
35. In the “Nutcracker” section of “Fantasia” what fungi dance the Chinese dance? – MUSHROOMS
36. What did the Grinch use as a substitute for reindeer? – HIS DOG
37. Who were nestled snug in their beds? – THE CHILDREN
38. What 1990 movie told of a boys experience when two men broke into his house during Christmas? – HOME ALONE
39. What fruit is St. Nick’s nose like? – A CHERRY
40. What glittery bits of metal our hang on the Christmas tree? – TINSEL
41. In the movie “It’s A Wonderful Life” what kind of spirit is Clarence? – AN ANGEL
42. What were Frosty’s last words? – I’LL BE BACK AGAIN SOMEDAY
43. What piece of heavenly apparel does the littlest angel not wear correctly? – HIS HALO
44. What is Charlie Brown’s complaint about Christmas? – IT IS TOO COMMERCIALIZED
45. What instrument does Amahl play as he leads the procession in “Amahl And The Night Visitor’s”? – HIS REED PIPE
46. On what street did a Santa Claus miracle occur? – 34TH
47. Counting Rudolph how many reindeer are there? – NINE
48. What happened to the drummer boy’s lamb when he played his song for baby Jesus? – HE CAME BACK TO LIFE
49. What did Rudolph never get to join in? – REINDEER GAMES
50. What Emmy award winning cartoon was based on a newspaper editorial? – YES VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS
51. What carol is known as the counting song – THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS
52. Where did there arise such a clatter? – ON THE LAWN
53. What type of canned pie filling is a big seller at Christmas? – PUMPKIN
54. What three characters sing “The Chipmunk Song”? – ALVIN THEODORE AND SIMON
55. What gift did Casper bring? – MYRTH
56. In “It’s A Wonderful Life” what part of George’s house always broken? – THE BANNISTER
57. Traditionally does the oldest or youngest family member open the first present? – THE YOUNGEST
58. What carol demands figgy pudding? – “WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS”
59. What flower does Moore compare St. Nick’s cheeks to? – ROSE
60. What eyes were made of coal? – FROSTY’S
61. What song was originally titled “One Horse Open Sleigh? – JINGLE BELLS
62. What holiday film annually appears on TV more than 300 times? – “IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE”
63. In “It’s A Wonderful Life” what two friends share their names with two sesame street characters? – BERT & ERNIE
64. What is Frosty’s nose made of? – A BUTTON
65. How does Scrooge improve Cratchit’s life the day after Christmas? – HE GIVES HIM A RAISE
66. What country started the tradition of exchanging gifts? – ITALY – ROMANS
67. In “A Charlie Brown Christmas” what winter recreation in the cast of characters doing in the opening scene? – ICE SKATING
68. What are tiny inexpensive gifts usually called? – STOCKING STUFFERS
69. Name the reindeer whose name begins with a “B”? – BLITZEN
70. What WWII first lady wrote a Christmas story about a girl named Marta? – ELINOR ROOSEVELT
71. What non smoking association sponsors Christmas Seals? – AMERICAN LUNG ASSOCITATION
72. Visions of what dance in children’s heads? – SUGARPLUMS
73. How many times is the name of “Santa Claus” used “In The Night Before Christmas”? – NONE
74. What is the most popular tree topper? – ANGEL
75. What song contains the line “Although It’s Been Said Many Times Many Ways”? – “A CHRISTMAS SONG”
76. What did the little drummer boy give to the Christ child? – A SONG ON HIS DRUM
77. What snack is often left out for Santa? – COOKIES
78. In “It’s A Wonderful Life” who starred as George Bailey? – JIMMY STEWART
79. What cola company was known for its ads featuring a big smiling Santa? – COCA COLA
80. What does Alvin want for Christmas? – HULA HOOP
81. Who wrote “The Night Before Christmas”? – CLEMENT C MOORE
82. What does the nutcracker become after killing the Mouse King? – A HANDSOME PRINCE
83. What mans grooming appliance became a sled for Santa commercials in the sixties? – NORELCO ELECTRIC SHAVER
84. What do most elves wear on top of their shoes? – BELLS
85. After red and green what are the two most popular colors for Christmas? – SILVER AND GOLD
86. What song contains “Somebody Wait For Her And Kiss Her Once For Me”? – A HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS”
87. What popular Christmas toy is based on a 1903 caricature? – THE TEDDY BEAR
88. Who first recorded “Here Comes Santa Claus”? – GENE AUTRY
89. What song does a caroler sing outside Scrooge’s office? – GOD REST YOU MERRY GENTLEMEN
90. What two words are usually preprinted on gift tags? – TO / FROM
91. Where was mommy when she was kissing Santa Claus? – UNDERNEATH THE MISTLETOE
92. What film told the plight of a pour mountain family during the days of the depression? – THE HOMECOMING
93. On every street corner you hear what song? – SILVER BELLS
94. What was Brenda Lee doing around the Christmas tree? – ROCKIN’
95. In “A Charlie Brown Christmas” how many cents does Lucy charge for her psychiatric services? – 5 CENTS
96. Elvis Presley recorded what sad song in the fifties? – BLUE CHRISTMAS
97. In “Winter Wonderland” the love struck couple a snowman is what? PARSON BROWN
98. What parade was first held on January 1, 1886? – TOURNAMENT OF ROSES
99. What song is full of threats and warnings about Santa Claus? – SANTA CLAUS IS COMIG TO TOWN
100. Where did Santa land his sleigh in “The Night Before Christmas”? – UPON THE ROOF
101. Who yelled “stop” to Frosty? – A TRAFFIC COP
102. In “It’s A Wonderful Life” what did George dream of becoming? – AN ENGINEER / ARCHITECT
103. What is the name of the first reindeer Santa calls in “The Night Before Christmas”? – DASHER
104. What is the name of the most fameous Christmas ballet? – THE NUTCRACKER
105. What is the theme or essence of “I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day”? – PEACE ON EARTH GOODWILL TO MAN
106. Who wrote “A Christmas Carol? – CHARLES DICKENSON
Which reindeer’s name is also the name of a kitchen cleanser? Comet
What does Alvin want for Christmas? Answer Hulla Hoop
What is Mrs. Claus’ first name? Jessica
.What is the first thing Frosty says when he comes to life? Happy Birthday
.What town did the Who’s live in? Who-ville
What was Grandma drinking when she got run over by a reindeer?
What is Scrooge’s favorite two-word phrase?
What U.S. city lights the Christmas tree on the Ellipse?
In “The Night Before Christmas,” what type of headgear does Mamma wear?
From a religious viewpoint, what is the only holiday considered bigger than Christmas?
Name the two reindeer whose name begins with a “C”.
COMET AND CUPID
What do the first seven gifts from my true love have in common?
THEY ARE ALL BIRDS
What is the name of the most famous Christmas ballet?
What popular Christmas toy was named after Theodore Roosevelt?
THE TEDDY BEAR
According to the Gospels, what did the Wise Men bring?
GOLD, FRANKINCENSE AND MYRRH
What does Alvin want for Christmas?
Who wrote the music for “The Nutcracker”?
What beer company’s commercials feature Clydesdales stomping through a winter wonderland?
What is the German title of “O Christmas Tree”?
What film introduced “Silver Bells” and starred Bob Hope?
THE LEMON DROP KID
What did the lamb say to the shepherd boy?
DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR?
What saint brought Christmas to Ireland in the fifth century?
What three characters sing “The Chipmunk Song”?
ALVIN, THEODORE, AND SIMON
What army do you associate with the kettle?
In what song do we “take a cup o’kindness”?
AULD LANG SYNE
What seasonal plant is Encinitas, California noted for?
What is the name of Scrooge’s clerk?
What Irish song was a hit for Bing Crosby?
CHRISTMAS IN KILLARNEY
Who wrote “A Christmas Carol”?
Traditionally, Christmas trees and other greenery should be removed from the home after what day?
Why is Blitzen always wet?
Because he’s a rain-deer
A few questions:
1. Who invented the art of giving presents?
2. How many eggs are in a quart of eggnog?
3.How did red and green become traditional colors of Christmas?
4. What is the average temperature at the North pole?
5. Where was I when “I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus?”
6.Boris Karloff was the star of what TV Christmas classic?
7. Who sang” Santa got run over by a reindeer?”
8. Name the most commercially successful Christmas film?
1. Three wise men
2. a dozen
3. In early times, red apples decorated green trees
4 -21 F
5. On the stairs
6. How the Grinch stole Christamas
7. Elmo and Patsy
8. Home alone
Filed Under: Performing
Leave a comment