New York/London – July 9, 2012 – Hercules, the leader in mobile DJ controllers for PC/Mac®, is proud to announce the new DJConsole RMX 2, the newest controller and worthy successor to the Hercules DJ Console RMX. Available mid-August 2012, the DJConsole RMX 2 is perfect for fans of the original DJ Console RMX and the talented new generation of mobile DJs looking for professional gear combining performance, versatility and mobility at an affordable price.
Hercules invites DJing communities to live the DJConsole RMX 2 experience from a unique perspective during the World Tour: It’s Your Turn event, which will run from the end of summer until the end of the year, allowing DJs to practice mixing, learn new techniques, enhance skills, participate in DJing contests, and team up with emerging DJing artists to share their unique passion.
Over the past four years, the original Hercules DJ Console RMX has become the benchmark device in its category – a DJing controller for PC and Mac available for less than $300. Thanks to its user-friendly controls, audio interface featuring inputs and outputs and its metal case, the DJ Console RMX has been adopted by DJs embracing computer DJing that have now trained and evolved using this technology. Today, Hercules’ passion for this technology burns brighter with the release of the second generation of this device: the Hercules DJConsole RMX 2, the ideal instrument for emerging DJs to express creativity, work on mixes, turn ideas into music, hone performance and conquer audiences.
Exceptional audio quality
The Hercules DJConsole RMX 2 is the first controller in its category boasting a high-resolution 96 kHz/24 bit audio interface for Windows® (ASIO) and Mac® (Core Audio). For audiences and DJs alike, the device’s 96 kHz/24 bit audio capabilities offer audio quality and dynamic sound that are far superior to a 44.1 kHz/16 bit interface.
The DJConsole RMX 2 is a part of the current DJing trend allowing DJs to create high-resolution audio mixes, as a growing number of DJing software applications (VirtualDJ® 8, Traktor® Pro, Ableton) become compatible with a 96 KHz/24 bit resolution. The Mastered for iTunes program provides a number of 96 kHz/24 bit digital audio tracks, and computers running Mac OS and Windows 7 64-bit can handle this resolution without increasing latency.
DJs wishing to distribute their music as high-resolution audio files using programs such as Mastered for iTunes can easily create high-resolution music tracks with the DJConsole RMX 2.
The DJConsole RMX 2 features a comprehensive set of audio outputs and inputs:
- 2 balanced XLR outputs suited to PA amplifiers, long cable lengths (balanced outputs help reduce audio interferences) and studio recording work
- 2 RCA outputs for monitoring mixes or connecting hi-fi systems
- 2 stereo connectors (6.35 mm) for headphones
- 4 RCA inputs for mixing 2 external stereo sources, with 2 Line/Phono switches
- 1 balanced microphone input (XLR/Jack combo), ideal for talkover applications, suited to both balanced high-end microphones and non-balanced consumer microphones.
A rugged metal case
With its metal casing, the DJConsole RMX 2 is a solid device that will live up to the most intense mixing sessions and transport conditions. Its compact measurements (35 x 25 cm) and limited weight (2.6 kg) make it ideally suited to following mobile DJs on the road; in addition, the DJConsole RMX 2 is provided with a carry bag.
The DJConsole RMX 2 features:
Pressure-sensitive jog wheels for scratching
2 sets of 4 backlit velocity sensitive pads enable DJs to control loops, effects, samples and cue points; DJs can use the pads to trigger instant controls or, by varying their velocity, can control the sound amplitude.
The rotary encoder located in each set of 4 pads can be used to modulate the last control triggered on a pad after a hit.
5 faders and 10 rotary potentiometers in 14-bit MIDI mode offer extreme precision for mixing. The cross-fader can be replaced with a Mini-Innofader® control.
Transport buttons featuring a supple rubber cap and a short-travel tact switch with a haptic feedback
A comprehensive software suite
The DJConsole RMX 2 will be supplied with two DJing software apps: DJUCED™ 40° and VirtualDJ® 8 LE.
VirtualDJ 8 LE combines efficient mix controls with a user-friendly graphic user interface, and also offers 24-bit/96 KHz audio resolution. (Until VirtualDJ 8 LE is released, RMX 2 owners will be able to use VirtualDJ 7 LE).
DJUCED 40°, the new DJ mixing software, offers unequalled audio clarity combined with 24-bit/96 KHz audio resolution. It displays the mix in a streamlined graphic user interface, allowing DJs to concentrate on their music.
The Hercules DJConsole RMX 2 will be available starting mid-August 2012, at a suggested retail price of $299.99
For more information, visit www.hercules.com.
About Guillemot Corporation
Guillemot Corporation is a designer and manufacturer of interactive entertainment hardware and accessories. The Group offers a diversified range of products under the Hercules and Thrustmaster brand names. Active in this market since 1984, the Guillemot Corporation Group is currently present in 11 countries including France, Germany, the UK, the United States, Canada, Belgium, Holland, Hong Kong, Romania and Italy, and distributes its products across more than 50 countries worldwide. The Group’s mission is to offer high-performance, ergonomic products which maximize the enjoyment of digital interactive entertainment end users. www.guillemot.com.
- 63INTRODUCING THE HERCULES DJ CONSOLE Rmx:The new professional DJing solution designed by the trailblazer in portable digital audio mixing controllers NAMM Show, California, January 17th, 2008 - Hercules, the creator of the first dual mixing deck featuring built-in audio for PC, reveals the Hercules DJ Console Rmx, a digital audio…
- 62ercules, the computer DJ entertainment specialist, announces the availability of the new Hercules DJ Console Rmx, a digital audio console designed for Mobile and advanced DJs. The audio console, supplied with a carrying bag for total mobility, retails for $349.00 and is available now at Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Musician’s Friend, American…
- 49DJ-1800 v3.2 launches today with exciting new additions to the acclaimed professional DJ software for Mac. v3.2 adds full support for the internet broadcasting application "Nicecast", enabling DJs to broadcast their mixes to the world. In addition, v3.2 adds a new Full Screen mode, introduces support for the popular Hercules…
- Pioneer DJ presents the RMX-1000: all the potential of software with the hands-on usability of pro-DJ hardware49Pioneer DJ presents the RMX-1000: all the potential of software with the hands-on usability of pro-DJ hardware. Pioneer is setting a new benchmark in pro-DJ equipment, with the awe-inspiring RMX-1000 remix station. Taking a totally new direction to effectors and samplers, the RMX-1000 is a three-in-one system comprising editing software,…
Leave a comment