Fidelity Media Releases MegaSeg 5.8 DJ and Radio Automation Update with Over 120 Improvements and New MIDI Presets
For more information check out http://www.megaseg.com/
CHAMPAIGN-URBANA, Illinois–February 16, 2012–Fidelity Media, creators of MegaSeg, the DJ and broadcast automation system made exclusively for Mac, today announced the availability of MegaSeg 5.8 DJ and Pro Editions. The free update for MegaSeg 5 users delivers over 120 improvements in all areas of the app, including new MIDI presets for the VMS2 and VMS4 controllers from American Audio, better cover art support, sharper text and int
erface refinements, bottom pinned info popups, smoother Wave Mixer cueing and scratching, fader-independent Automatic Gain Control, faster iTunes playlist access, expanded drag-n-drop support, lower latency mic play-thru, as well as various improvements to Events, Scheduler, Hot Keys, Request List, Rules, Library Tools, Video, Streaming, Logging, Syncing, and a revised User’s Guide.
MegaSeg 5.8 Highlights:
* New MIDI presets for American Audio’s VMS2 and VMS4 controllers, with options for creating multiple custom presets, new looping and control functions, and support for high-res jog wheels.
* New fader-independent Auto Volume Control function.
* Smoother multi-touch Wave Viewer for visual beatmixing.
* iTunes acquired album artwork is fully supported.
* Sharper interface text, and refined list headers and scrollbars.
* Wider red play marks and edge-pinned track info popups.
* Decks support direct Finder file drops and other drag-n-drop improvements
* iTunes playlists open faster, supports multi-selection, type-to-select, and has a refresh button.
* Revised User’s Guide with new info, screenshots, and concise examples.
* Lower latency Mic Play-Thru with faster volume ducking.
* Hot Key Sound Effects adds a “Same as Next Song (Preview)” output option.
* Request List notes can be edited and supports multiple selection.
* New Library Tools function to convert artist name order.
* Stream playback optimized on OS X Lion.
About MegaSeg Pro and DJ Editions
MegaSeg Pro provides many advanced features for pro DJs and VJs, radio and TV stations, and hospitality businesses such as restaurants and hotels. It incorporates video playback for ambient visuals, hot keys for instant sound effects, automated music scheduling, ad messaging events, track separation rules, request lists, and much more.
The DJ Edition offers unique live mixing features including visual beat syncing with multi-touch trackpad control, headphone outputs for preview, MIDI support, automatic volume, advanced categorization, track logging, and fully integrated iTunes playlists compatible with protected iTunes music.
Pricing & Availability
MegaSeg 5.7 DJ and Pro editions are available from MegaSeg.com for $99 and $199 USD respectively, and compatible with any Mac running OS X 10.4 or higher, including OS X Lion. The DJ Edition can be upgraded to MegaSeg Pro for $99, and older versions upgraded for $69. The DJ edition is also available on the Mac App Store and compatible with Intel-based Macs running OS X 10.6.6 or higher.
About Fidelity Media
Located in Champaign-Urbana Illinois, Fidelity Media was founded in 1998 with a vision to simplify music mixing and library management for performance and recreational industries. Its flagship product, MegaSeg, spearheaded the digital music revolution based on 14 years of research and development that cultivated a stable, streamlined, and friendly system, and has become the premiere Mac-based DJ and broadcast automation system used in over 95 countries worldwide.
(c) 2012 Fidelity Media, Inc. MegaSeg and Fidelity Media are trademarks of Fidelity Media, Inc. Apple, Mac, Mac App Store, and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Additional company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the individual companies and are respectfully acknowledged.
Filed Under: Digital DJ, Exclusive Online News and Content, Sound
Leave a comment