Launching at NAMM 2015, the EKX series is the newest member of the Electro-Voice portable loudspeaker family, and combines legendary EV sound quality and reliability with the latest technology – all in a lightweight, compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios, including musicians, DJs, and live/club/installed sound applications.
The EKX series features eight models (four powered and four passive), including 12” and 15” two-way models and 15” and 18” subwoofers. EKX is positioned above the ZLX and ELX series and below the ETX series.
Innovative, EV-exclusive features ensure EKX provides best-in-class performance and versatility, including EV-engineered speaker and amplifier components for superior sound quality and reliability, and on-board signal processing with user-friendly single-knob control and application presets for easy set-up. EV’s award-winning industrial design – incorporating robust wood enclosures, premium-quality hardware, and durable EVCoat finish – ensures that EKX speakers look as great as they sound. The EKX series will begin shipping in Spring 2015.
- QuickSmartDSP features best-in-class processing, EV’s signature single-knob user interface, and intuitive menu navigation via LCD.
- Easy setup via four presets (Music, Live, Speech*, Club), sub/top system-match crossovers, three-band EQ*, five user-programmable presets (Store and Recall settings), visual monitoring of limiter status, input level control* and meters, and master volume control to ensure optimal gain structure (* full-range models only). EV-exclusive Cardioid Control Technology feature for subwoofers allows output to be steered towards the audience with up to 35 dB reduction on stage when multiple subs are deployed. (powered models only)
- High-efficiency Class-D power amplifiers (up to 1500 W) deliver up to 134 dB peak SPL via high-sensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV. (powered models only)
- Intelligent thermal management with a variable-speed fan controlled by multiple onboard sensors, ensuring superior performance and reliability in demanding environmental conditions. (powered models only)
- EV-patented Signal Synchronized TransducersTM (SST) waveguide design on full-range models provides precise and consistent coverage.
- Ideal for portable and installed applications.
Lightweight, compact 15-mm wood enclosures with internal bracing, durable EVCoat finish, eight M10 threaded mounting points (full-range models), aluminum pole-mounts, and all-metal handles. Subs feature large slot ports for low distortion and excellent bass extension, and are equipped with a metal
grille reinforcement bar.
MAKE A SONIC IMPACT WHEN YOU TAKE THE STAGE WITH EKX.
Filed Under: Sound
Leave a comment