Achieving a high level of success as a DJ is one thing…
But being successful CONSISTENTLY as a DJ is another.
This is the difference between just getting DJ jobs and having a DJ career.
I am grateful that I have been able to enjoy lasting success throughout the last 13 years I’ve been in this DJ game.
And now, I deeply believe it is my mission in life to help other DJs achieve that success for themselves.
But what does it take?
One of the most valuable lessons I’ve learned is this…
Success leaves clues.
If you want Dj jobs, look at what you need to do in order to get them. Look at what the djs who are getting more dj jobs are doing.
If you want a dj career, look at what you need to do in order to have one. Look at what the djs with dj careers are doing.
It’s not a secret.
Surround yourself with people who are achieving the kind of success you want, learn from them and then model what they do.
And don’t let yourself get fooled by HOW to do it – that’s not that important. WHAT to do is the key.
It goes like this:
1) Identify what specific actions will lead to getting the kinds of dj jobs and opportunities that you want.
2) Put your own twist on them.
3) Do them.
That’s a wise way to achieve success, with style. And it’s exactly what I’ve done since day 1.
Now let’s talk more about the difference between a dj job and a dj career.
The biggest difference between the two is as I’ve said: CONSISTENCY.
With the right amount of hustle and some decent skills getting a quick hit of dj success is really not that difficult. But having that success last 5, 10, or 15 years is where most other DJs fail.
The difference between a dj job and a dj career is like the difference between a sprint and a marathon.
Sweat and hard work. Over months and years. (when was the last time you actually sweat HARD?)
And to be able to do this you MUST have one incredibly important thing:
Not 97% belief, not 98% belief, not even 99%.
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT BELIEF.
Just like Diddy said…
A lot of people have asked me, how did I get to where I’m at: it’s my belief. I believe so strong, so crazy. To believe, there’s power in belief…I’ve never doubted myself. I go into it knowing I’m one of the badest mf to ever live. And that’s just how I am.
Having 100% belief means NOT doubting yourself. And believing that you can and you will reach you’re DJ goals no matter what.
Not because you should, and not because it sounds good, but simply because you must.
If you want to achieve true greatness anything less than 100% belief is not even a choice. It’s mandatory.
Because it’s the only way you will ever have the energy to continue working so hard, for so long.
So believe YOU CAN have all the success you want as a dj.
And believe YOU WILL.
The more you do, the more dj success you will have.
It’s that simple.
To get my free 1 hour Successful DJ training video visit: www.successfuldjtraining.com
Until next time.
- 55Start.ProDJ.Com is celebrating it’s regrand opening. The site hasn’t gone through this much remodeling and technology improvement in over 5 years. The big contest starts next week! Each week we will select a randomly numbered post that has been done in the previous week, if that post is a valuable post in our eyes (not…
- 54DJ-1800 v3.2 launches today with exciting new additions to the acclaimed professional DJ software for Mac. v3.2 adds full support for the internet broadcasting application “Nicecast”, enabling DJs to broadcast their mixes to the world. In addition, v3.2 adds a new Full Screen mode, introduces support for the popular Hercules DJ Console Rmx controller, and…
- 54ION DISCOVER DJ TRANSFORMS ANYONE INTO THE DJ DJ System Enables Users To DJ With The Music On Their Computer ION (www.ionaudio.com), a leader in consumer audio and entertainment technology, announces DISCOVER DJ, the easiest way for anyone to become a DJ. DISCOVER DJ is a computer DJ package for anyone from experienced, veteran DJs…
Filed Under: Business, Exclusive Online News and Content
Leave a comment