ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. – CHAUVET DJ continues to lead the way in wireless lighting control with a new groundbreaking series of D-Fi USB fixtures that will premiere at DJ Expo 2015, held at the Trump Taj Mahal, August 10-13. The company’s exciting USB Series features nearly a dozen USB compatible fixtures – ranging from low-profile LED pars and COB (Chip-on-Board) color washes, to a gobo projector, LED strobe and simulated water effect – all controllable with a revolutionary thumb-drive-sized D-Fi USB transceiver, the D-Fi USB.
When plugged into the USB port on a compatible USB Series lighting fixture, the tiny D-Fi USB gives users total wireless DMX control of the unit from a CHAUVET DJ FlareCON Air or any other D-Fi compatible transmitter. What’s more, in addition to transferring DMX signals, the D-Fi USB can be used to provide completely wireless Master-Slave operation. Users simply set the finger-sized device into Transmitter Mode on the lead fixture, and the unit will act as the “Master,” controlling like models equipped with a D-Fi USB. Since the D-Fi USB draws its power from the fixtures themselves, no external power supply is required.
“The D-Fi USB and compatible USB Series fixtures are game-changing products that represent the next step in wireless lighting control,” said Allan Reiss, Senior Product Manager for CHAUVET DJ. “This little thumb-drive-sized transceiver plugs directly into the USB Series fixtures to provide instant and reliable wireless communication. What’s truly revolutionary is that in addition to transferring DMX signals, the D-Fi USB also transfers Master/Slave signals between USB Series fixtures, completely eliminating the need for cables — and external power supplies – for Master/Slave operation as well.”
With an impressively large collection of USB Series fixtures being introduced by CHAUVET DJ – and still more models to come in the future — users will be able to create a stunningly rich and diverse lightshow with this new wireless technology. Here’s a rundown of currently available USB Series models, which, along with the groundbreaking D-Fi USB transceiver itself, will be on display at the company’s DJ Expo booth #712:
* SlimPAR Q6 USB, SlimPAR Q12 USB, SlimPAR T6 USB and SlimPAR T12 USB – Low-profile high-output color-changing par-style fixtures are powered by 6 x 4-watt Quad-Color (RGBA) LEDs, 12 x 4-watt Quad-Color (RGBA) LEDs, 6 x 3-watt Tri-Color (RGB) LEDs and 12 x 3-watt Tri-Color (RGB) LEDs respectively.
* COREpar 40 USB and COREpar 80 USB – Featuring COB (Chip-on-Board) RGB LEDs, these 40-watt and 80-watt par-style models offer unsurpassed color mixing, plus a magnetic Fresnel lens that provides the flexibility to shift from ultra-wide to narrow beam in seconds. Also available in a UV version, the COREpar UV USB.
* 4BAR Tri USB – A complete color washing solution with 4 individually adjustable heads powered by a total of 28 x 3-watt RGB LEDs, to provide total room or stage coverage.
* Abyss USB – Fascinating simulated water effect produces 5 colors + white plus Rainbow Scroll via its bright 30-watt white LED, dichroic color wheel and 2 glass effect wheels.
* Gobo Zoom USB – Compact gobo projector features a manual zoom that provides flexibility for short or long-throw applications. Includes 10 replaceable wedding-ready gobos.
* Shocker Panel USB – High-power LED strobe light with 4 zones of control and built-in macros creates stunning pulsing effects and chases.
In addition to visiting CHAUVET DJ’s booth #712, DJ EXPO attendees should be sure not to miss “Creative Lighting, Creative Profits,” a seminar sponsored by the company and presented by highly successful entertainer Jeremy “DJ Jer” Brech. The owner of Jer Events and Lighting Design (Sioux Falls, SD) and a renowned seminar instructor, Brech will demonstrate how using lighting fixtures more creatively can directly lead to increased profits for DJs, entertainers and event producers. This informative and valuable seminar will be held on Tuesday August 11 from 10am-12pm in the Diamond Rooms B&C.
All seminar attendees will also receive a CHAUVET DJ T-shirt, along with a raffle ticket for the company’s DJ Expo gear giveaway. Three popular CHAUVET DJ lighting fixtures will be raffled off randomly as prizes – an EZPin Pack portable pinspot package, and two Scorpion Script text-and-pattern-producing lasers. In addition to attending the seminar, there are two other ways show-goers can obtain raffle tickets: 1) make a purchase from Music Trends in the CHAUVET DJ booth; or 2) sign up for the CHAUVET DJ VIP Program. The raffle will be held on Thursday August 13 at 1pm at CHAUVET DJ’s booth #712, and contestants must be present to win.
Other new product highlights from CHAUVET DJ on display at DJ Expo include:
Swarm 4 FX – Three different LED effects in one compact fixture, including: dual ultra-bright Quad-Color RGBA moonflowers, red/green laser, and white strobe.
Freedom Par Quad-4 IP – Completely wireless, battery-operated Quad-Color (RGBA) LED par with built-in D-Fi transceiver. IP54 rated for temporary outdoor use in all-weather applications, and compatible with the new D-Fi USB transceiver.
Hurricane 1000, Hurricane 1200 and Hurricane 1600 –Compact, lightweight, high-output fog machines that include a timer remote with variable output control for precise effect operation. The Hurricane 1600 model can also be controlled via DMX.
To see these and other exciting new products in action, visit CHAUVET DJ at DJ Expo, Booth #712.
For more information on CHAUVET DJ, visit the company’s website www.chauvetlighting.com/dj- club.html
Filed Under: Lighting
Leave a comment