American DJ’s myDMX 2.0 Multi-Platform Hardware/Software Package Makes Computer-Based Lighting Control Easier And More Flexible
LOS ANGELES – (For Immediate Release) — Now any DJ or mobile entertainer can program their light show like a pro, thanks to myDMX 2.0, a new computer-based lighting control product from American DJ. Available for both Windows and Mac OSX operating systems, myDMX 2.0 is a stand-alone hardware/software package that makes it easy to create and playback dynamic scenes and shows in minutes. . . even if you’re not a technical whiz or lighting engineer!
Equipped with a large built-in fixture library, myDMX 2.0 is designed to work with popular lights from all major manufactures. Simply select your lighting fixtures from the library’s extensive list – and you’re ready to begin programming your light show.
Featuring easy-to-use DMX software and a fresh new graphical and hardware interface design, myDMX 2.0 was developed so that even novices at computer-based lighting control can generate amazing effects and put together a cutting-edge light show. Using the system’s convenient Scene Builder and new drag and drop effects generator, you can arrange your lighting fixtures, draw effects directly onto fixtures and set your effects in real-time for precision-control playback.
“Everything about myDMX 2.0 was designed to be very visual and intuitive, so that virtually anyone can get started using it right away to create a professional DMX light show,” said Alfred Gonzales, national sales manager for American DJ. “This is true even if you have no experience in computer-based lighting control.
“Not only is myDMX 2.0 easy to use, it also gives you total flexibility in manipulating your effects and designing your show,” added Gonzales. “Once you start using it, you’ll love how it actually makes you more creative and takes your light show to a new level!”
Just like a standard DMX controller, myDMX 2.0 features 512 DMX channels. Users won’t have to worry about myDMX 2.0 becoming obsolete, either. The latest software versions and user manuals can be downloaded from American DJ’s website at
Currently, users can visit the link to get a free download of the most recent myDMX 2.0 software for both PC and Mac, dated July 5, 2012. This PC version includes Windows XP compatibility.
Not only does myDMX 2.0 make it easy for DJs and mobile entertainers to get started in computer-based lighting programming and control, it also makes it very affordable. The MSRP of myDMX 2.0 – including a CD with the software, USB-DMX interface and USB cable – is just $399.95 ($299.99 MAP!).
System requirements for myDMX 2.0 are as follows:
Minimum System Requirements (computer not included) :
• Windows / Mac laptop or desktop computer with USB port
• Windows ME, XP, Vista & Win 7 compatible (64-Bit compatible) and Mac OSX 10.6
• 800×600 screen resolution
• 256MB Memory
• Clock frequency: 800 MHz
• 32MB RAM video card supporting Microsoft DirectX 9.0 (For 3D visualizer available in a future release)
Best Performance System Requirements (computer not included):
• Laptop or desktop computer with USB port
• Compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows XP & MAC OSX (10.6 & higher).
• 1280×1024 screen resolution
• 512MB Memory
• Clock frequency: 1.5 GHz
• 128MB RAM video card supporting Microsoft DirectX 9.0 (For 3D visualizer available in a future release)
- 77New May 5, 2014 Update Offers Easier Programming Features To Easy-to-use DMX Software ADJ has revealed that their popular myDMX 2.0, DMX control software, has four new updates to it’s May 5, 2014 release. myDMX 2.0 is an industry leading, affordable solution for Lighting Designers and DJs to control small to mid-size lighting set-ups. The…
- Laptop Light Show! – American DJ’s myDMX Software Makes It Easy And Affordable To Run DMX Lights From A PC69LOS ANGELES – For many lighting pros, PC-based lighting software has become the DMX control method of choice, because it’s so convenient and provides them with more creative options. Instead of running a big control board, lighting designers can create and trigger shows from their laptop computers via a user-friendly interface that offers powerful features…
- 66ADJ has revealed that its popular myDMX 2.0 control software is now compatible with Apple’s latest operating system, Mavericks (OS X 10.9). User will be able to still use the same DMX hardware interface that came with their myDMX 2.0 software to control DMX out from their computers. “We are delighted to have an update…
- 55Ask Alfred Get Smart! Incorporate Intelligent Lighting Into Your Show… Even If You Aren’t Crazy About DMX Don’t like working with DMX, but want something more than stand alone fixtures? Take heart! Alfred Gonzales, National Sales Manager of American DJ, says that with the right tools you can incorporate intelligent lighting into your show to…
- 54LOS ANGELES — Ever wish there was an easier way to control the On/Off switching of your DMX lightingfixtures? Now there is – thanks to Elation Professional’s new DMX-16 System, an expandable DMX On/Off switch controller system that includes everything you need to take command of your DMX lights: a 16-channel DMX-16SW Control Panel, two…
Leave a comment